Grainline Morris Blazer

I was really excited when I saw this pattern release a couple weeks ago, I was just finishing up an exam and paper for my last class EVER and bought it as a treat for finishing everything. Reading other blog's it looks like its been a pattern a long time coming! I'm glad I'm around for the release!

Also I want to point out a small change to the blog, I'm using the google+ commenting system now, so if I respond to someone's comment they actually get a notification. That is a huge flaw with blogger and it drives me nuts

I used a ponte/double knit my mom had leftover from another project in chocolate brown. I would never pick out something brown, fabric or RTW, but now I'm really glad I have it. It goes with black AND navy, while not being gray (I have so many gray clothes)
I had quite a bit of trouble easing in the sleeves, I suspect it is because the fabric I used is too thick for the pattern. You can see above that the seam is kinda wavy, I had to squish the fabric in so it fit. Looking around at other makes, it looks like other people had this problem too. In particular, Ginger made one out of a scuba knit, which I think this could be labelled as. If you take a look through her photos you can see a bit of a wavy seam at the back too, albeit not as bad as mine.
 
I took a photo of the sleeve on my dress form, I top stitched everything because this stuff did not iron well. On my body, the waves fill out a bit. I don't really think it's too noticeable when I'm wearing it.

The blazer in action! Eating crepes, mmm This is also a me-made-may outfit. They are not featured, but I also made the tights out of this pattern which I love dearly.
Here is a straight on photo from my dress form:
For next time (because I definitely want to make this again) I'm going to use a thinner fabric, and thinner interfacing. The interfacing/fabric combo is so thick that you can see my folded over seams though the front of the jacket!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Watson Bra Fiesta

Cocoon Coat

Spring-time Blair Shirt